October 23, 2022

New Video: Why's It Called Tyrone?


Recently, Steve of the Jungle enjoyed a lunch meeting with Jon and Monica Kile at the historic Alesia Restaurant, located on Central Avenue in a building that was originally a sales office for Pasadena Estates. 


Monica is the rock star of St. Pete historians who creates insightful videos about St. Pete's culture and heritage.

She sent this email to Steve of the Jungle last month after discovering the Jungle County Club History Project website:

Steve,

Just wanted to tell you how much I am enjoying reading your blog posts! I stumbled upon your site while doing some research on the Piper-Fuller Field and have discovered a number of things about St. Pete history that I never knew!  I've been conducting tours of St. Pete for almost 20 years, and now create "virtual" tours and historic videos for the blog I Love the 'Burg.  You can see some of them here: https://ilovetheburg.com/history-half-hour/ 

Just wanted to let you know you have a fan!  

Monica Kile


The video includes images that were first published on this blog's article about Piper-Fuller Field.


Click here to see the full article on the I Love the 'Burg website.

Click here to see additional St. Pete history videos on the I Love the 'Burg website.