July 14, 2019

Jungle Country Club Score Card

While on one of my neighborhood walks, I introduced myself to some city maintenance workers who had just finished cutting up a fallen tree limb at Sunset Park. I asked them if the city maintains Golf Creek Park (they do) and I was telling one of the men about the Jungle Country Club history project. He got quite excited and said he had something he had found that I should see. We walked over to his truck and he opened a rusty round cookie tin that he said he found under a tree root at Golf Creek Park. Inside were some golf balls, tees, old coins, and four weathered score cards from the Jungle Country Club. He said I could have one. When I got home, I compared the yardages of each hole with the map of the course – they matched exactly! I had found the holy grail of the Jungle Country Club history project. Then I woke up. It was only a wonderful dream. I tried to recreate the score card from my dream – here is what I came up with.

If anyone knows where I can find a real score card, please email me at steveofthejunglecc@gmail.com.
Update: real scorecard located: Babe Ruth's Scorecard from the Jungle Course

Visit the updated scorecard post: Jungle Country Club Golf Course Scorecard